This skill intensive program uses anthropometric measurement equipment to teach participants the methods to obtain and document accurate, height (length and stature), weight, and head circumference measurements and conversion of measurements into MI-WIC format.
8:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
2020 Virtual Anthro Training Agenda for Participants
WIC Virtual Training Binder
Anthro Training 2019-20 – Presentation Slides
Michigan WIC Anthropometric Measurement Procedures
MI-WIC Data Entry – Length and Height
Anthro Recording Form Worksheet
MI-WIC Data Entry -Weights
Anthro Measuring Checklist
2020 Upcoming Dates & Locations
July 22, 2020
August 11, 2020
- Demonstrate correct anthropometric technique.
- Understand WHO, CDC, Prenatal and VLBW growth grids criteria.
- Demonstrate how to obtain standard NCHS growth chart measurement values.
- Describe how to enter measurement values into MI-WIC as a basis for risk assignment.
- Joyce Bryant
- Cheryl Bernard
- Heather Sanders
- Technicians (Required within 1 year)
- Coordinator (Required within 1 year)
- NE Coordinator
- Health Educator
Training Capacity: 16 participants
Number of trainings offered: 4 per year