This hands-on, skill-intensive training will instruct participants on proper capillary sampling for hemoglobin and lead testing utilizing one finger stick. Accurate hemoglobin testing is important in identifying women, infants and children who may be at risk for anemia and children at risk for lead poisoning.
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p a.m.
2020 Virtual Lab Training Agenda for Participants
WIC Virtual Training Binder
2020 Upcoming Dates & Locations
July 21, 2020
August 12, 2020
- Describe MIOSHA requirements and Universal Precautions.
- Demonstrate competency in laboratory techniques, policies, and procedures.
- Describe how to properly perform quality controls and demonstrate proper techniques.
- Discuss proper cleaning and care of laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Discuss corrective action plans to take when equipment error codes arise.
- Nancy Erickson
- Tina Hickey
- Hemocue Representative
- Technician (Required within 1 year)
- Coordinator (Required within 1 year)
- NE Coordinator
- Health Educator
Training Capacity: 20 participants
Number of trainings offered: 4 per year