This training will provide an overview of the clerk’s role in performing WIC services including program eligibility determination. It will help the participant to apply WIC policy, based on federal regulations, to clerical functions. The participant will gain skills in customer service and communication enabling them to better serve the clients in their programs and to function as WIC team members.
10:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m.
WIC Virtual Training Binder
2020 Upcoming Dates & Locations
August 5-6, 2020
September 23-24, 2020
- Describe best practices to provide customer service to clients and team members.
- Discuss how to recognize and understand cultural differences.
- Demonstrate knowledge in addressing barriers to program services (i.e. Language).
- Describe how to determine program eligibility requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of clerical functions in the MI-WIC environment.
- Cheryl Bernard
- Heather Sanders
- Clerk (Required within 1 year)
- Coordinator (Required within 1 year)
- Health Educator
Training Capacity: 24 participants
Number of trainings offered: 4 per year