This interactive workshop guides Competent Professional Authorities (CPAs) and Registered Dietitians (RDs) step-by-step through the nutrition education and high risk counseling session using client-centered service and critical thinking skills to ensure a client’s continuity of care toward improved health outcomes.
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m
WIC Virtual Training Binder
2020 Upcoming Dates & Locations
July 15, 2020
July 29, 2020
- Describe each individual staff role in a client’s continuity of care.
- Describe how to incorporate client-centered and critical thinking skills into the nutrition assessment and documentation process.
- Describe Michigan WIC policy as well as available resource tools relevant to providing nutrition services.
- Discuss nutrition education and high risk documentation expectations.
- Identify how to develop and/or follow-up on individual care plans utilizing appropriate and consistent documentation in MI-WIC to promote continuity of care.
- Tara Fischer
- Joyce Bryant
- Monica Smith
- CPA (Required within 1 year)
- RD/RDN (Required within 1 year)
- Coordinator (Required within 1 year)
- NE Coordinator (Required within 1 year)
Training Capacity: 20 participants
Number of trainings offered: 5 per year